This is a very easy recipe from Metsovo, a town in the north western part of Greece.
2 cups corn maze (καλαμποκάλευρο)
4 cups milk or water
1.5 cups kaseri cheese, shredded (you can use cheddar if you can't find kaseri)
1.5 cups feta cheese, crumbled
half a cup butter
1 tsp baking soda, diluted into 2 tbsps of milk
1 tsp cream of tartar (κρεμόριο) or 2 tsps of fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1) Mix the corn maze with the milk in a large pan. Bring to the boil in medium heat, stirring constantly until the mix sets.
2) Take the pan off the heat. Add the butter, the cheeses, salt, pepper and baking soda.
3) Separate the eggs into yolks and whites. Beat the yolks and add them to the mix.
4) Whisk the egg whites and the cream of tartar in a bowl, until the mix becomes a meringue.
5) Add the meringue in the mix and stir briefly so that the mix does not deflate.
6) Empty the mix in a buttered baking tin of around 35cm in diameter. Cook in a pre-heated oven, at 175 degrees, for about an hour.