This is one of the quickest delicacies you can make and perfect on the occasion of unexpected visitors, when you need something tasty and aromatic to go with your coffee/tea.
Extremely simple to make even for those of you who are ‘kitchen virgins’!
40 gr plain flour
225 gr desiccated (dry unsweetened) coconut
175 ml sweetened condensed milk (ζαχαρουχο for my Greek readers)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (gas mark 4).
2. Grease two baking sheets.
3. Put the coconut in a bowl and mix it with the salt.
4. Sift the flour into the mix and stir.
5. Pour in the milk and the vanilla and stir the mix well (it will be a very thick mixture).
6. Using a tablespoon as a measure, form the macaroons with your hands (any shape you like) and place them in the baking sheets about 2-3cm apart.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes until golden.